Date:      Sun, 02 Jun 2002 18:49:25 -0400
From:      Mark Filipak <filipak@mrincubator.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel errors

Hello.

Please do not respond. I know I'm wrong. Don't bother telling me.

As a lurking engineer with a background in sysarchitecture, I followed
this thread closely, though I don't know a 'make buildkernel' from a
'make installworld'.

This thread illustrates what scares the hell out of me about getting
into the water at this beach.

There appears to be no casual use of fbsd. You either freeze dry your
system and ignore security alerts, or you dedicate your life to
following the STABLE branch, or you die.

Or maybe you dedicate your life and die anyway.

If you forget one little thing and a shark comes by, maybe you can find
help in time and maybe you can't, but there are too many undocumented or
poorly documented details to be able to depend upon your own abilities
and still sleep soundly.

The experiences of David LeCount and of Bernardo Brummer seem to be far
too common. Jeez, the meanings of error messages aren't even documented.

FreeBSD - forever young.

Ciao -- Mark

Please do not respond. I know I'm wrong. Don't bother telling me.