Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:15:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mikael Hybsch <micke@dynas.se>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shouldn't Intel Express PRO/100B work in 100Mbit/s ?

I have used the card in a 10Mb shared bandwidth network for some time
without any problems.
Recently we bought a LAN switch which has 16 10Mb and 2 100Mb outlets.
Naturally I wanted to try to run 100Mb between two FreeBSD machines
just to find that it didn't work.

If I switch back to a 10Mb outlet it immediately starts working.
Windows NT runs fine in 100Mb/s (on the same machine / outlet).

The LAN switch indicates that the 100Mb outlet is running full duplex.
Could this be the problem?
Will it work if I connect the PRO/100B to a standard 100Mb/s half duplex
hub? (Don't have one yet to try it on)

--
 Mikael Hybsch                        Email: micke@dynas.se
 DynaSoft, Dynamic Software AB        Phone: +46-8-7250900