Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:33:59 +1000
From:      Mark Sergeant <msergeant@iexec.com.au>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: Dual processor, AMD 64 machine freezing.]

--=-etjE3ev4kWM6KPWgPtN5

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 20:16, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:19:35AM +1000, Mark Sergeant wrote:
> > It should be noted that I was able to do a make world & kernel without
> > the machine hanging on the local console. When I rebooted the machine
> > and typed ifconfig the machine again hung so this seems to be pointing
> > to network issues for sure.
>=20
> [ context lost to top posting :-( ]
>=20
> I don't think you mentioned, what kernel are you running?  5.2-RELEASE,
> or 5.2-CURRENT?

5.2-RELEASE I was running, as mentioned in my dmesg. The reason for the
top post was due to the fact it was forwarded, the rest was done with
context throughout the forwarded post.

I've since reverted to 5.2-RELEASE-P1 using the i386 installation as
even after disabling the onboard nics lockups were still being
experienced. The machine would also panic on the init 6 / reboot /
shutdown -r now, command being issued. It should be noted no problems
have been experienced using -i386 instead of -amd64.

Cheers,

--=20
Mark Sergeant <msergeant@iexec.com.au>
iExec.com.au Corporate Internet Solutions

--=-etjE3ev4kWM6KPWgPtN5

--=-etjE3ev4kWM6KPWgPtN5--