Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:50:51 +0000
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@FreeBSD.org>, Matt Anderson <emattman@cascadeaccess.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Devfs under 5.0 and Handspring Palm device

On Sunday 16 February 2003 16:29, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:31:58AM -0800, Matt Anderson wrote:
> > Hello everyone!
> > Anyone have a clue how to setup jpilot or any other pilot tools to work
> > with USB under the devfs device system in 5.0?
>
> It depends upon what the palm device is.  There are known problems with
> with > palm o/s 4, which I'm working on as time permits.
>
> The usual method is to kldload uvisor, which will make a /dev/ucom0
> device node when you hit the hot sync button.

With Handspring devices, it's important to note that the device doesn't
attach to the bus until you hit the button.  Using coldsync on 4.x, I
have to hit the butten and THEN run coldsync.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com