Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:02:22 +0300
From:      Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS: unsupported ZFS version 5000 (should be 28)

On 02.08.13 10:48, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> So now I've got base/releng/9.1 revision number 253878 installed on
> that machine, which apparently does support the 5000 zpool version,
> but seems to somehow not have a compatible boot loader.

As it was already indicated, there is no support for zpool version 5000
(feature flags) in base/releng/9.1.
There is however in base/stable/9 and in base/stable/8 what you
obviously has before.
I believe here the unfortunate naming of 9-stable as RELENG_9 in CVS has
confused you. SVN layout is different now, more logical.

In general, it is good idea if you migrate from 8-stable, to migrate to
9-stable etc, because chances are 8-stable contains "newer" code than
9-release -- except if the 9-release just happened.

Apparently, at some point you, or someone who has root on that server
did zpool upgrade. ZFS does not auto upgrade.

Daniel