Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2020 06:52:30 -0500
From:      "Gerard E. Seibert" <gerard_seibert@outlook.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:01:49 -0600, Mike Karels stated:
>The update to ACPI was pulled from upstream, and IIRC it included
>multiple changes.  There have been many updates to ACPI since.  I
>don't have any idea which part of the change caused the problem, or
>what it does; no idea how it affects USB on some systems.  I'm running
>12.1 now, but USB is problematical (produces an error message once a
>second, and my UPS control doesn't seem to work).
>
>		Mike

That is sort of what my problem is also. The error message keeps
displaying on the screen making using the PC impossible. I don't feel
anyone is going to fix this until enough users are affected. I am on
11.3, and if this isn't fixed before 13.x is released, I may have to
try another OS.

--
Gerard