Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 18:04:31 -0500
From:      "Oleg Ogurok" <oleg@ogurok.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ATAPI CD-ROMs not configured

Hi there.

I am trying to get my ACER CD-ROM to work. I did search on this topic in
mail archives and found a lots of talks from year 1996 telling that ATAPI
devices are buggy and not to be supported by FreeBSD. Is it true? Is someone
still working on it? I am running 3.1-STABLE and here's my string from
dmesg.

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVE 40X MAXIMUM/T0BP>, removable, dma,
iordis
wdc0: ATAPI CD-ROMs not configured

Oleg Ogurok
oleg@ogurok.com