Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:06:13 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   GENERIC and GEOM_GPT is no good idea

--nextPart1967587.eM1q2raHKA

Hello,

since sysinstall crashes when there is a disk with GPT I think GEMO_GPT sho=
uld=20
be removed from the GENERIC kernel.

I just shoot myself into the foot: In /boot.config I defined -n -d instead =
of=20
=2DD and so the box was unusable and I also couldn't correct my mistake bec=
ause=20
the fixit CD didn't boot.

What I really would prefer was a fixit CD which boots to a shell instead of=
=20
sysinstall, but I haven't had a look into release how hard this would be to=
=20
do since I think many steps for disc2 are copied from disc1.

Or sysinstall gets fixed, but like Marcel Moolenaar told me there are lots =
of=20
bugs in libdisk and only sysinstall uses this library so it's unlikely that=
=20
they'll be fixed.

Best regards,

=2DHarry