Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:05:29 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing free bsd

First of all, always include the list in a response to something
from the list.   Other people will be reading and may well know
more than me or any other person who responds.   eg, don't just
send the follow-on question back to the one responding.  Send it
to the list.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 04:26:06PM -0600, Daniel Lewis wrote:

> do direct ftp to disk? And what do you mean by fixate?

No.  You ftp the file down to the local machine and then use a CD burning
utility to burn file to the CD.   On FreeBSD there is one called 'burncd'.
I am not familiar with the ones on a MS system, but there are several
available.   Maybe someone else will suggest one or there is probably
some information in the handbook.

Fixate is something that finishes writing a terminal record on
the CD image or something like that.  I don't really know in
detail.   I think some burner utilities do it automatically with
no choice.   The burncd utility needs to have you specify it.

////jerry