Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 2020 00:21:48 +0000
From:      Gabriel Saltar <gabe.saltar@pm.me>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Assistance needed with Xorg

Greetings,

I have decided to learn about freebsd and I have installed freebsd 12.2 in =
desktop. However, I have not been able to configure Xorg correctly.

My system has integrated Intel HD 2000 gpu and two monitors coonected. I ha=
ve installed the i915kms driver. I have also enable it in my /etc/rc.conf f=
ile.

I have followed the instructions on the user handbook regarding adding the =
user to the video group. I have also updated freebsd and updated all my pac=
kages.

I have attempted to run Xorg -configure and it fails. When I do startx it f=
ails. When I checked the log, it states it failed to load driver 0, or modu=
le 0. Please excuse me I'm writing from my mobile device and I do not have =
access to my desktop at this time.

Also, while it prompted me to look into the /var/log/x11/xorg.0... file. Th=
ere the output stated that the config did not match the devices detected.

>From there I looked online and saw a template for dual monitor xorg.conf fi=
le and did my best to emulate it and place it in the /usr/etc/local/X11/ di=
rectory. When I did I got an error that my configuration file had an error =
in line 44. I checked that was exactly after made the changes I thought I h=
ad to do add my second monitor to xorg.conf file.

At this point I am clueless. I know I have not been very specific and I hav=
e not added the output I get from my system here, however any piece of advi=
ce you can offer will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Saltar

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?jBKJ3N47cLKH4RKCXbRBFJi7OBmgBrspPbFCaKDoYAqCIaodA5cMHMLSOUhp9XRrQnnsxbRr1L3Aao6vNO6nVAH86035rwwG7_zHUKUBFWo=>