Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:56:37 +0900
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQjwwZhsoSg==?=  =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPV8bKEo=?= Atsushi Murai  <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        NETMGR02@CBE.AB.CA, freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Slip or PPP dial on demand?

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org> wrotes:

>>  This is user process PPP software package. Normally, PPP is implemented
>>  as a part of kernel and hard to debug and/or modify its behavior.
>>  However, in this implementation, PPP is implemented as a user process
>>  with the help of tunnel device driver.
>
>Atsushi-san, this is fantastic!  We've needed this for a LONG time.
>How easy is the software to set up?  If we could do something at system
>installation time, it would also be very useful!  This is the kind
>of feature most users will want to configure right away (if not immediately
>for the purpose of installing FreeBSD over ppp!) and I would like
>to offer it in at least one of the installation menus.
>
>Who are you working with on the commit list to get the changes merged
>back into -current?  I'd like to see this as soon as possible, myself! :-)

This iij-ppp is just required tunnel device in kernel and good examples for
configuration and TeX papers. But unfortunatlly, Tex papers is written
Japanese. Indeed, I just porting it to my 2.1-depvelpment last weekend.
And I report it to author and asking to deliver to 2.1-development tree.
Of course, He accepts to do this for us without hesitation. So I would
like to put it also 2.1-development tree as soon as possible.
(after local & Real testing by my self;-)

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341