Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 14:52:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        gclarkii@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Andrew Herdman <andrew@whine.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: groff 1.10 released...breaks man

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Gary Clark II wrote:

> The problem is that you wiped out your tmac.an file.  This controls which
> macros get used (doc or groff_an).

	Except, as I responded to Andrew...both the tmac.an and the
tmac.mandoc files are identical (down to 'diff' not even showing a
space out of place), yet 'nroff -man' and 'nroff -mandoc' give dramatically
different output.

	nroff -man seems to give this great big lump of characters...
no paragraph seperators or nothing, whereas nroff -mandoc gives out
what you would expect.

	I don't know, maybe something got messed up on the install,
but I don't see how if both files are identical :(

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc