Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 1997 16:33:39 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone on the list who can check-in the bt848 driver?

Hi Steve,

You have a bug in xtvr such that it fails to call bktr_close when the
window closes this causes the driver to ignore further requests to
initialize the hardware since the tuner open count never reaches 0.

This problem is easy to verify just place a debug printf statement on
bktr_open and bktr_close so you can track the open and close count.

I think is rather strange that xtvr fails to call bktr_close , the only
way that I can think of  that xtvr can do this is if the exit handler for
the process has been modified.

	Cheers,
	Amancio