Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2019 21:30:17 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help with python

On 4 Jul 2019, at 20:39, AN <andy@neu.net> wrote:
> I do not use python directly, only as dependencies.  It seems python36 =
is default now.  What is the correct procedure to set ports to use =
python36 so I can safely delete python27?

Rebuild all the ports that depend on python (and any python depends on).

You might also look at what you have that requires python. For example, =
I recently;y eliminated almost all the python packages by simply =
removing scons. It may come back if something needs scons to build in =
the future, but for now I have only three python 3.6 packages installed:

=3D=3D=3D>>> py36-ply-3.11
=3D=3D=3D>>> py36-setuptools-41.0.0
=3D=3D=3D>>> python36-3.6.8_2

These are required for bindutils, but I eliminated the one part of blind =
tools that needs put-on I wouldn=E2=80=99t have it at all.

Of course, your setup is different, but it is definitely worth looking =
at your depends.

pkg -rd python27

--=20
Thanks to great leaders such as Ghengis Khan, Joan of Arc, and Socratic
Method, the world is full of history.