Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:52:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   VoxWare v3.5-alpha5 integration

I'm trying to improve our emulation environment for the linux StreamWorks
audio player which at the very least uses one ioctl not available in our
present VoxWare v3.0 driver:

#define SNDCTL_DSP_GETOPTR              _IOR ('P',18, count_info)

Thanks to the work of Amancio Hasty and Brian Litzinger I've downloaded
the FreeBSD port VoxWare v3.5-alpha5 and can run it successfully under
2.2-STABLE.

Is anyone actively working on integrating VoxWare v3.5-alpha5 into
-current?  I have all of the pieces necessary to help and am willing to do
so.

-Chris