Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 15:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frankenstein Port:  /usr/ports/www/jakarat-tomcat

In article <3B097E19.F04BA930@webmail.bmi.net>,
John Merryweather Cooper  <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net> wrote:
> Steve Coltrin wrote:
> > (cvsup barfing on ports/www/jakarta-tomcat:)
> >
> > I fixed the problem on my system by editing out all references to
> > jakarta-tomcat in /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:. (period included).
> > Now I can cvsup repeatedly without problems.
> >
> Well, I could do that except:  1) defeats the purpose of maintaining a
> current ports tree;

No it doesn't.  It fixes the problem.  Don't worry, those lines will
come back (corrected) when you run cvsup.

> 2) doesn't fix it for anyone who hasn't hacked checkout.cvs.  This
> should be fixed, not blocked on individual machines.  I'm sure the
> "daemons" are busy in the background figuring out a fix.

I recommend against waiting around for that.  The real fix is going
to be in CVSup, and it's going to take me some time.  Sorry, that's
just life.  It's Monday, I'm barely recovering from the flu, and
I'm swamped with work from my real jobs.  It'll be a while.  So the
work-around is your best bet unless you're very patient.

John