Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:05:01 -0700
From:      gregm@netidea.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   writing past the end of the drive

I've just installed FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE on a HPNetServer with a
Mylex RAID 0 array. The OS is loaded on a fixed scsi and is fine.
The array is configured as on virtual drive and has one partition and
is labeled. If I write very much to the drive I begin getting these
messages at shorter and shorter intervals:
bus_dmamap_load: Toomany segs! buf_len = 0xf000
bus_dmamap_load: Toomany segs! buf_len = 0x10000
mlx0: I/O error - attemp to write off the end of drive

Regards,
Greg Martin.
gregm@netidea.com