Date:      Sun, 08 Dec 2002 23:37:35 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD-Stable + apache13 + mod_frontpage

I am having a problem with the frontpage 5 extentions.

everytime i run the fp_install.sh script I get:

Creating and modifying new
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/frontpage.cnf...

  Note: Local version of Apache must use the FrontPage Apache patch.
  See http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/ for more details.

Note: If you have not installed the root web then you need to do it
now.

Do you want to install a root web (y/n) [Y]?

Installing the root web...

Server config filename:  [/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf]
FrontPage Administrator's user name:  [fpadmin]

Getting User from /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
Unix user name of the owner of this new web: [www]

Getting Group from /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
Unix group of this new web: [www]
Installing root web into port 80...

installing server  /  on port  80

Will chown web to www as part of install.
Will chgrp web to www as part of install.
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libm.so.2: Undefined symbol
"__stderrp"
ERROR:  / installation failed.
Hit enter to continue

and I get this when running bin/owsadm.exe:

[root@/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0]>bin/owsadm.exe
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libm.so.2: Undefined symbol
"__stderrp"
[root@/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0]>

any clues?  i am running FreeBSD :

FreeBSD xxxxxxxxxx 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #24: Sun Nov 17
19:58:02 EST 2002

thanx

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net