Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:23:14 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Wouter van Rooij <aentgood@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ELF binary type "0" not known.

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:56:09AM +0000, Wouter van Rooij wrote:
> I have this error message when i'm wanting to start mozilla for example. =
Do=20
> some of you know whats wrong and what I can do to get it working again?

Is this a Linux binary of Mozilla?  If you are trying to run a Linux
application, you need to do three things:
1. Install a Linux emulation port - ports/emulators/linux_base is a good
   choice;
2. Load the linux.ko kernel module or compile it into the kernel;
3a. Set the kern.fallback_elf_brand sysctl variable to 3, or
3b. Run 'brandelf -t Linux /path/to/executable' on the file that you want
   to actually run.

For more information, see chapter 10, "Linux Binary Compatibility", of
the FreeBSD Handbook.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This would easier understand fewer had omitted.

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--