Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 00:19:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Charles Ebert <kd5ob@theshop.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1.44 MB disk test?  No way.

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Charles Ebert wrote:

Hi Charles,

You must download in binary. I recommend using an ftp client
or if you must use netscape click on the file with the right
mouse button and and choose the save link option.

Hope this helps.

> I downloaded the boot.flp and fdimage.exe from two different versions
> of the system.
> 2.2.2 and 2.1.7.1 I think from the FTP site.
>
> Problem is, fdimage keeps saying the image is BIGGER than the 1.44 mb
> disk.
> And it's right.  We can't make a bootable test / system check type disk
> from
> these images on a 1.44 mb floppy.  It just won't fit.
>
> So either the WEB page is wrong and these images are intended for 2.88
> mb floppies,
> or there is an image which could be had which will INDEED fit on a 1.44
> mb disk.
>
> 2.1.7.1 was just 4k over sized.  2.2.2 was double that oversized.
>
> I can't make a test disk with those oversized images so I will never be
> able to
> tell if my system hardware is compatible.
>
> Who can I contact about this?  Tommorrow is another day for me.  I've
> already logged
> my first 2 hours of playing around with Free BSD.  I'm getting to feel
> like an
> expert already, expecially at FTP use.  HA!
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Charlie

Your welcome :)

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."