Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:33:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.2-STABLE SMP system not SMP'ing

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, David Scheidt wrote:

> It looks like something ate your attachments.  Try setting all the values
> that mtable reports on.

<sheepish>
I think I just forgot them.
</>

I uncommented

options NCPU=2                  # number of CPUs
options NBUS=4                  # number of busses
options NAPIC=1                 # number of IO APICs
options NINTR=24                # number of INTs

and now the SMP works!  Thank you.

I was under the impression that these options represented defaults, and
that the other two were the only ones that had to be uncommented for
SMP.  Any chance that LINT or GENERIC could get some more informative
comments on this?  I'd offer diffs, but I don't know whether all six
options are necessary, or some subset.  I've cc'd this to hackers for
comments on this question.

--
 Ben Rosengart

UNIX Systems Engineer, Skunk Group