Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 2015 13:52:45 +0100
From:      Ivan Radovanovic <radovanovic@gmail.com>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unexpected behavior of dynamic linker

On 12/26/15 13:28, Konstantin Belousov napisa:

> This is expected behaviour, it is mandated by the ELF standard.  ELF
> tried to emulate the behaviour of the static libraries as much as possible.
> Think what would happen in your case if both modules where linked statically
> into the binary.
>
> To augment the behaviour, read about linker option -Bsymbolic, compiler
> option -fhidden, and GNU-specific attribute __visibility__("hidden").

Thanks for pointer about attributes (it does work as expected if I add
__attribute__((visibility("hidden"))) to private classes).

This behavior still looks counter-intuitive to me - like linker is
resolving already resolved reference, however problem is solved. Thanks!