Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:34:19 -0500
From:      "Paul Warner" <pwarner@dibinst.mit.edu>
To:        "Chris Appleton" <appleton_chris@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfw.rules

the ipfw -f flush and other rules you list are only run if your rc.firewall
is run before you firewall.conf (or ipfw.rules).  for instance, in rc.conf:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type="/etc/firewall.conf"

if you skip the call to rc.firewall, then you'll want to add the explicit
calls into ipfw.rules or firewall.conf.

Paul