Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:33:07 +0100
From:      "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Acer TravelMate 212TX Laptop, AGP error of sorts.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 01:38:04AM +0100, Markie wrote:

>> agp0: <Ali Generic host to PCI bridge> mem 0xe0000000-0xe3fffff at
device
>> 0.0 on pci0
>> agp0: bad initial aperture size, disabling
>> device_probe_and_attach: agp0 attach returned 6
>
>Aieee! The dreaded 'attach returned 6'!!!!

haha! Indeed :o) Unfortuantly I didn't have a choice over the laptop, not
that I am not very grateful for it though :o) I always wanted one!

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-newbies/2003-September/000773.html

>Which suggests that the problem is incompatability between the OS and
>the hardware.  I've no idea if the poster of that message ever found a
>solution.  And the other approach which often works when trying to
>figure out recalcitrant laptops: hunting through the /Linux/ sites for
>clues, that doesn't seem to turn up much useful, other than listing a>
>bunch of distro's that do or don't work with it.

Well, damn! I will try a recent Linux distro on it soon and see how that
goes I guess. I did come across a fix yesterday, well... supposedly. I am
not entirely sure how I would go about applying it before installing
though. I guess I will just have to hope it'll do a buildworld alright in
this safe mode thing :o)

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016587.html

>I suggest you ask again on the freebsd-mobile@... list.

I wasn't aware there was a mobile list :o) Sorry if I uhh... polluted the
list a bit or anything :o)

Thanks alot for your reply!