Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 22:09:03 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@sanson.reyes.somos.net>
To:        "chris@tourneyland.com" <chris@tourneyland.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySQL layout question

On Tue, 05 Oct 1999 01:24:47 -0500, chris@tourneyland.com wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why MySQL would have done this? I figure their reason is
>probably interesting and enlightening (at least to a newguy like me).

You would be happier if you installed from ports instead of trying to get the sources directly.

Installing from ports is documented in the handbook... let us know if you have problems...

If you have space it will be much better if you install the ports collection.. failing that then just be
aware that you need to have both the client and the server for mysql.