Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:32:50 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'mgraffam@idsi.net'" <mgraffam@idsi.net>, "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        "'mi@aldan.algebra.com'" <mi@aldan.algebra.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: most FreeBSD-like Linux

Well if you gotta scratch slack, I'd go with Debian. Redhat's makes thier
own layout that is different from where the documentation tell's you to look
for things.
I used Debian for two years, and I have been using FreeBSD exclusivly for
the last two months and except for different device names and file placement
the layout is similar.  For example in Debian the only things that go in
/local or file you purposely put there every thing else is put into /usr/bin
or /usr/X11R6/bin.