Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 17:54:58 -0700
From:      Jake <jake@bc1.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   no sound in FXTV

Hi, I'm still not getting any sound in FXTV.
I just upgraded to the latest bt848 driver, and fxtv 0.45.
I like the new additions, but I iwsh I could get sound.

I have a zoltrix tx max pci capture card, and a soundblaster 16
sound card.  I think everything is setup right.  I got all the extra prgrams
fxtv needed that weren't ports, and I made the tuner devices.
Sound works in doom, and an audio cd plays with xcdplayer.
I have my sound crad connetced to my stereo, so all the sound plays thorugh
that, and then I have a 1/8" mini-plug from sound-in on the sound card to
sound out on the capture card.  I'm using 2.2.2-RELEASE, but I haven't done
anything to the sound driver.  Is there a newer version I should get?
I've tryed changing the vol, line, cd and mic settings in mixer to 100.
I have it hooked up to an antenna, and i always get good picture,
but no sound.

The only thing I can think of is that the card is detected as a Miro TV card
with TEMIC NTSC tuner.  should I change it to card_unkown?
I know the zoltrix isn't under the supported cards, but it is just
a bt848 card.

When I compile my kernel I get one error message, when compiling the sound
driver; it says undefined prototype for 'sbintr'.
it says sbintr on the sb0 line if my kernel config file,
should I remove it?

I haven't tried the card with win95 yet for obvious reasons,
but I have a feeling that's the only way to kno if the card is producing
sound at all.

Thanks for any help

Jake

--