Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 18:29:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      PiraniEnrico <pirani1@volja.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Panic Kernel with Compaq USB Keyboard

Sir,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.5 on Compaq 4000EA (AMD Duron 900Mhz 300Mb Ram Ati Radeon 7000 USB Keyboard). After rebooting the system I get panic:page fault.
Exactly the messages are :
fault virtual addfress = 0X1
fault code             =supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer    =0X8:0Xc01bd8ef
stack pointer          =0x10:0xc04b8f6c
frame pointer          = 0x10:0xc04b8f88
code segment          = base 0x0, limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
                      = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags      = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process       = 0 (swaper)
interrupt mask        = net tty bio cam
trap number           = 12
panic: page fault

If I unplug the keyboard the kernel loads without problem till the login (of course after i cannot use anymore the keyboard).
Are you so kind to give some advice?.

Enrico Pirani
Trieste (ITALY)