Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 10:45:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        mcquiggi@sfu.ca, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wangtek 5150ES Tape Drive

> Hi All:
>
> Anybody out there own a Wangtek 5150ES scsi tape drive? I posted a
> question on it yesterday. I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.2R and it keeps giving
> "illegal request" errors whenever I try to access it.
>
> Haven't seen any replies, hope my post wasn't off topic or anything!

 Yes -

 I have a 5150ES, it works fine for my backups...

 My only problem in running it has been a slightly questionable
SCSI cable...  it works like a champ.   I put it in it's own
external box for moving around... the SCSI-3 <-> SCSI-2 cable
I'm using has a transient short in it; so I have to "jiggle"
the cable every now and then... other than that; things work
great!

 Older versions of FreeBSD had issues with the aha2940 (I didn't
notice which SCSI controller you head) which were fixed in later
versions.  If you have an Adaptec 2940 - I'd suggest upgrading to
2.2.6.

	- Dave Rivers -