Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:52:12 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General thoughts and questions on FreeBSD

>Any thoughts on his kernel issues?  Those seem to be the only ones that
>are major issues here.

   Sounds like mostly operator error.

>  Is FreeBSD 'quirky' ?

   I think for most people that anything that isn't what you started with is
quirky. In terms of Unix purity, FreeBSD is near or at the top of the list.
That doesn't mean it can't be improved, but I think you'll find far more
people that think Linux is more than just a little quirky compared to
FreeBSD.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.