Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:53:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Einreinhof <montana@traffic.gnt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   UltraDMA PCI card

Can FreeBSD use this type of IDE controller? I bought the SIIG Model
CN2462 Ultra ATA Controller Easy UltraIDE PCI card due to my
motherboard's shot secondary ide channel. I have a 730MB master and a
1.2GB slave on the motherboard's primary channel and my CD drive and a new
8.4GB on seperate channels on the PCI card. The motherboard's bios doesn't
support over 2.1GB HDs so the 8.4 one needs to sit on the pci card. I
would really like to install FreeBSD onto the 8.4 leaving the other two
drives alone so that I can dual boot Win95 for my wife.

Thanks
-Mark