Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:13:56 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   urgent - sendmail question

--=_alternative 006F2F5C88256BD0_=

I stopped the sendmail service on our server, now can't get it restarted.
I tried sendmail -bd & but that doesn't work.
This has been running for almost a year without stopping, how do I get it
to start again? I looked at sendmail.org docs
and can't find any command to start sendmail. I looked at the freebsd
handbook sendmail chapter and in 18.5.4 it
says to restart sendmail after making changes to relay-domains file, but I
cannot find anywhere the command to do
a restart.
Can someone please help me with this? I dont' want to reboot the server to
just restart sendmail.

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)
--=_alternative 006F2F5C88256BD0_=

--<br>
Chip Wiegand<br>
Computer Services<br>
Simrad, Inc<br>
www.simradusa.com<br>
chip.wiegand@simrad.com<br>
&quot;There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.&quot;<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977<br>
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)</font>
--=_alternative 006F2F5C88256BD0_=--