Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:24:17 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        William Grzybowski <william88@gmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: snd_emu10k1 mixer

Quoting William Grzybowski <william88@gmail.com> (from Thu, 26 Jul =20
2007 09:08:02 -0300):

> On 7/26/07, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting William Grzybowski <william88@gmail.com> (from Wed, 25 Jul
>> 2007 20:32:31 -0300):
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I upgraded my desktop computer from 6.2-stable to 7.0-current yesterday.
>>> I'm experiencing a little problema with the sound driver snd_emu10k1, it
>>> loads and plays fine, but i can't control the volume/pcm/line/mic using
>>> aumix/xmixer or any other program to control the hardware mixer.
>>
>> Try emu10kx instead of emu10k1.
>

> Hi,
>
> I tried to load the snd_emu10kx but i got kernel trap message when i try t=
> execute 'sysctl' and the system goes down

Please post this panic message to multimedia@freebsd.org. It would =20
also be good if you compile with debug options and generate a =20
backtrace (the handbook contains a chapter about kernel debugging). We =20
don't need all the numbers from the backtrace, as a start it would be =20
enough to just know about the function names which are printed.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
You may be gone tomorrow, but that
doesn't mean that you weren't here today.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137