Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:04:13 +0200
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        =?windows-1252?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, FreeBSD XEN <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Porting the block-iscsi hotplug script

El 30/04/2015 a les 11:57, Roger Pau Monné ha escrit:
> I've been digging into this, and it looks like it's going to be more
> complicated than what I thought. FreeBSD blkback is not prepared to work
> with hotplug scripts so we also need to modify it.
>
> I hope I'm going to have some time next week to prepare a patch to both
> the FreeBSD kernel and libxl, sorry for the delay.

   Hi Roger and thanks for your time and efforts.

   I thought XENBUS_PATH was some sort of a reference to the xenstore
path of the VM being executed and that the libxl would export that to
the hotplug scripts. I thought that simply allowing the libxl to execute
hotplug script for blk devices would be enough.

   Can I be of any help? Feel free to pass me work I you're busy.

   OTOH, I wasn't aware it could involve the Dom0 kernel. I'm confused
about that, could you please explain me why it does involve the dom0
kernel?

   Thank you,

   Gus

   PS: a bit offtopic, but I've been reviewing the commits to FreeBSD
HEAD and I don't see this:

         https://people.freebsd.org/~royger/mem.patch

   IIRC that patch solved the problem of domU PV guests with some
hardware. Could you commit that upstream?