Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP system not running SMP

On Fri, June 23, 2006 5:43 am, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <E1Ftkwt-000Msj-VJ@dilbert.firstcallgroup.co.uk>, Pete
> French writes

>> Yes. Unfortunately I dont have any to try - only Adaptec boards. It
>> might just be that the Adaptec stuff shows up a more general flaw in
>> interrupt routing for this chipset though.

> Hmm!  There's a lot of BIOS options for interrupt mapping.  Maybe I
> should play with them.

Does the BIOS have an option for ACPI 2.0 support?  We have several
Tyan Motherboards (S2882 - K8S, K8SD, K8SD-Pro) that give all kinds of
problems when ACPI 2.0 support is enabled.  Disabling ACPI 2.0
support, but leaving ACPI 1.x support enabled, lets the system boot
and run super-stable, in 32-bit and 64-bit modes, with and without
SMP.  No SCSI devices on these boards, though.  We're using 3Ware
Escalade SATA RAID controllers.

----
Freddie Cash
fcash@ocis.net