Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:58:19 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Remote System Builds

--------------enigB4E380FA0E792B76AF5D09E7

On 26/03/2012 19:20, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I just tried to unpack the 9.0 image using tar which has
> worked in the past to let one modify loader.conf but I got a
> bunch of errors this time about files that couldn't be created
> so maybe this is not the recommended headless installation
> technique any longer.

To create a custom install CD?  You might find it better to build your
=2Eiso or memstick images from the system sources.  See release(7).
The trick seems to be to make the 'system' target of the
/usr/src/release/Makefile which will install the system into a chroot.
You should then be able to edit files under that chroot.  Then just
'make release.iso' or 'make memstick' to create an installer image.

	Cheers,

	Matthew
--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.