Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:35:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HP OmniBook 4100

Okay, I got one of these at work, and am having a rather difficult time of it.

I was given a 3Com Megahertz CardBus ethercard for it; this didn't work at
all.  Pity.  I traded it with a semicoworker for a 3Com EtherLink III card,
which everyone tells me should work.

And it does work under Win95, and is found by FreeBSD (both 2.2.8-RELEASE and
3.0-RELEASE, provided I to a power-cycle of the machine after done with
Win95).  However, it doesn't *work* -- it doesn't seem to send any packets,
and just sits there after telling me my default router is set up.

Now, I tried the PAO version, and that does work with it.  However, that's
2.2.7, and, gosh darn it, I can't seem to find that anywhere anymore, so after
making filesystems in the slice and installing the boot manager, it tells me
that it can't find a certain set of distfiles (namely, all of them).

So.  Anyone know what the heck is going on?  And, more importantly, how I get
this sucker working?