Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:35:57 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setup up fxtv for bt848

Chan Yiu Wah:
 |Thanks for your pointer to obtain the information for fxtv.  I had already
 |visited the URL sites before  you told me.  I re-visted the sites again
 |and find that there is a pointer to a list of channel frequencies for various
 |areas all over the world.  However, when I go in,  it is mac site and I don't
 |know where should I find the frequencies for my city (I live in Hong Kong).
 |Do you know how to setup the country for the fxtv ? I had done it under
 |Win95 (software provided by the computer shop).  Thanks.

Since the vendors aren't lending a hand, channel set selection isn't as
seemless as in Win95.  To set the channel frequency set, set the Fxtv X
resources:

Fxtv.antennaFreqSet:     nabcst
Fxtv.cableFreqSet:       cableirc
                                        ! Chan Freq Schemes: nabcst,cableirc,
                                        !   cablehrc,weurope,jpnbcst,xussr

as desired.  If none of these work for Hong Kong, then I guess no one has
sat down and fiddled with the frequencies to figure them out.

If you happen to do so, please do mail this to Roger or post so we can put
it into the driver.  Then adding support in Fxtv is a snap.

By the way, in Fxtv you can tune in a frequency directly by keying in
"f<frequency>".  You can fine tune frequency using F9 and F10.  AFC
(Options->AFC) may or may not be useful to you when doing this, so turn
on/off as desired.

Randall