Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 17:29:07 -0400
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@scsn.net>
To:        "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SKIP Port

On Sun, Aug 10, 1997 at 04:58:26PM +0000, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:
> In moving SKIP to 2.2.2, I've come to an error I'm not sure
> about.../usr/include/machine/conf.h requires 'ioconf.h' but ioconf.h
> doesn't exist in that dir, or /usr/include or /usr/include/sys, or
> anywhere else doing a find.  What does this file do, and how do I go about
> getting it?

    If you look a little more closely, you will notice that ioconf.h is only
required when KERNEL is defined:

#ifndef _MACHINE_CONF_H_
#define	_MACHINE_CONF_H_

#ifdef KERNEL
#ifndef ACTUALLY_LKM_NOT_KERNEL
#include "ioconf.h"
#endif

#endif /* KERNEL */

#endif /* !_MACHINE_CONF_H_ */

    ioconf.h is created by config, and will normally be found
in the kernel build directory.

    I know nothing about SKIP, so I have no idea what it really wants...