Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:39:17 +0100
From:      Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
To:        David Banning <david+dated+1083734386.829e4a@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: two domain names - one IP - both SSL

* David Banning <david+dated+1083734386.829e4a@skytracker.ca> [0421 06:21]:
> I am wondering how I could run SSL on two different domain names
> using just one IP address.
>
> I am using virtual hosting with apache.
>
> Is that possible?

No. As one poster said (and contrary to half a dozen 'install apache'
posts), you can't do name-based multiple vhosts over ssl.

The ssl session wraps the http session, so the server can't get
the host header until the session has started.

<quote>
That's some catch, that catch 443.
It's the best there is.
</quote>

You should in theory be able to do it on different ports, but
I haven't tried.

--
I am more bored than you could ever possibly be.  Go back to work.