Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:19:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device detection (ed0)

look in /boot/kernel.conf, it's the script that's sourced to
enable/disable devices.

you probably want to remove a line that looks like:

di ed0

good luck,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]