Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:10:07 -0700
From:      RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <luck@computerking.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache make error sed: 1: "s,%%FTPUSERS%%,$FreeBSD ...":

Hello I am running Apache.0.53 on FreeBSD 4.11 and get this error when
trying to stop Apache

apachectl stop
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libexpat.so.5" not found,
required by "httpd"

So i searched archives and googled everywhere to find a solution but
have discovered nothing.  So did what i thought made sense and set out
to reinstall a freshly cvsuped version of Apache.  Things have changed
alot since i last updated Apache. The Apache2 port has been replaced
with the Apache20 port.  I cannot just do a simple make deinstall and
reinstall to update never the less determined to solve my problem I try
a make configure on new Apache20 port which will update me to version
2.0.55.  However much to my dismay the port spits out this error I tried
a make and got the same error

config.status: include/ap_config_auto.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default commands
sed: 1: "s,%%FTPUSERS%%,$FreeBSD ...": bad flag in substitute command: 'v'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/Apache.

I think the two errors must be related some how but am at a loss on how
to fix them HELP!!!

ps I have recently installed webmin and virtualmin to simplify my life
and think it backfired.  I believe virtualmin may have caused this all this.

--
Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S.
Barton