Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:25:55 -0600
From:      SigmaX <scottclansman@cwazy.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASP alternatives?

Joaquin Menchaca wrote:

> Tyler Gee wrote:
>
>> I believe there is an asp module for Apache (mod_asp).
>>
>> I have never used it and don't really know if it exists but it gives
>> you somewhere to start searching.
>>
>> -wtgee
>

> Yes.  That is the target open source project your looking for.  The
> starting point is go-mono.org.  If they Mac OS X implementation is
> native, I would imagine this would compile easier, given that Darwin
> borrows heavily from FreeBSD.  Otherwise, the Linux emulation might
> work as well.
>
> For ASP.NET related material chech out the following URL:
>
>  http://www.mono-project.com/contributing/asp-net.html
>
> The mod_mono module can be downloaded in source form at:
>
>  http://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.0.6/mod_mono-1.0.6.tar.gz
>
> Note that mod_mono works with both Apache 1.3 and 2.0.  The XSP is a
> lightweight web server written in C#.
>
> Best of Luck.
>
>  - joaquin

But, uh, last I knew nobody (That I've found) has gotten mod_mono
working on FreeBSD.  I don't know, maybe the new release works or
something.  I'm not really a developer, and compiling from source is
enough to scare me away if there's so much as a single hickup.  I'm
holding out for a successful mod_mono/XSP binary for FreeBSD... (with or
without Linux emulation) if one doesn't appear soon I fear I'll need to
switch my server back to Linux within a couple of months, when I'll need
to start implementing ASP .NET pages.
        Cheerio,
             SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."