Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:00:07 +0300
From:      "Kyryll Mirnenko" <mirya@ukr.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Working with non-DMA HDDs

  I've got HDD without DMA which fails to be under writting for a while without pauses. Sequental (without pauses) flushing of 3-4 memory buffers to disk make it go away (ERR: device disappeared). For ex., 4.5 release installer fails with this error.
  I found that even the small break makes HDD work normally (as in DOS/Windows).
  Is there any alternative HDD driver which doesn't use memory buffer this way? Or give another solution.