Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:39:22 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel panic (shminit)

I'm running 2.2-current with a 8th August kernel (also I'm running
Amancio's current-snddriver and current_222 isdn).

Yesterday I built a new kernel and during booting (DDB enabled)
it panicked

_Debugger(...
_panic(...
_kmem_submalloc(...
_shminit(0)
_main(...
begin(..

Also I saw
CACHE TEST FAILED: script execution failed
CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED
at the top of the screen.

I booted kernel.old and that one panicked also (cannot say whether at the same
location). I powercycled the machine and kernel.old ran again.

To assure that it doesn't stem from my additional drivers (snd and isdn)
I will build an original -current kernel later today and see if
it shows the same behaviour.