Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Girish Venkatachalam <girish1729@yahoo.com>
To:        Viswas Nair <fysical@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Playing Audio CDs

--- Viswas Nair <fysical@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to BSD and have mplayer installed
> (Gmplayer) and I do not see the
> option to play an Audio CD, only CDs, files and
> DVDs. How do I get Audio
> CD's to play? Can they be mounted, if so how? Is
> there any
> specific audio alone CD player (GUI based) that you
> suggest?
I think KDE autodetects and plays audio CDs. Did you
try it?

> Also, whats the most commonly used or popular CD +
> DVD burning software used
> in BSD?
There are quite a few of them. If you want a simple
cmd line utility I like cdrdao if u r talking of audio
or VCDS. It can also blank CDs.

There are any GUI tools like xcdroast, graveman
cdrecord...

I think cdrecord is the most used backend. May u shud
read man cdrecord...