Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 11:52:03 -0700
From:      "Mark G. M. O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in xlockmore-2.11b.tgz

I originally posted the following question:

> I noticed that xlock will generate a floating point exception
> error and die occasionally.  I know that if you have the flame
> mode (either by -mode random, or -mode flame) up, you can just
> hit <RETURN> enough times (usually 10 or so) and it will die
> with a floating point exception error (not real good for
> security.)  I think that it will do this on other modes, but
> I haven't verified it.  I have only noticed it doing this when it
> generates a new pattern, not just running the old pattern
> over and over again.
>
> Is there any way to do a -mode random and add a flag to skip
> certain modes like flame? (not just for this reason)
>
> I got xlockmore-2.11b.tgz from the packages-2.1 directory.
> I am using FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE with DES/Kerberos installed.

Here is the response I received (not posted to questions):

    Note:  He also informed me (a few minutes ago) that 3.7 was now
           the current version.

--
Mark G. M. O'Lear       \    e-mail: Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU
University of Colorado   \   phone:  (303) 492-3798