Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:55:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        pschweiger@uswest.net (Patrick Schweiger)
Cc:        proot@iaces.com ('Paul T. Root'), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG)
Subject:   Re: ADSL modem ... a nic modem hybrid?

In a previous message, Patrick Schweiger said:

> >Sorry to say this, but you should have got the 675 and an Ethernet card
> >for the extra $50. Are you running 256 Select? (It requires a 605 for
> >political reasons).
>
> both you and Mark Tinguely seem to agree that a 675 could solve my
> problem. Unfortunately I'm not informed enough to answer the 256 Select
> question at this point ...
>
> I'll be sure I find out what 256 Select is and wether or not I'm running it
> before I obtain a 675.

256 Select is the offering from USWEST such that you are sharing DSLAM ports
at the CO, and possible won't be able to get in. If you have a dedicated
circuit that can be up 7x24 then you don't have 256 Select.

--
"We reproach people for talking about themselves; but it is the subject
 they treat best."    --Anatole France (1844-1924)