Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 02:10:43 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stream_d benchmark... Wow, there really are differences in  hardware

This is an Asus motherboard dying to double or more my memory system.

My PPro200 is about a 1.5 years old and I hope that the new 100Mhz bus
based systems fair better than my system.

	Cheers,
	Amancio

Your clock granularity/precision appears to be 7812 microseconds.
Each test below will take on the order of 101562 microseconds.
   (= 13 clock ticks)
Increase the size of the arrays if this shows that
you are not getting at least 20 clock ticks per test.
WARNING -- The above is only a rough guideline.
For best results, please be sure you know the
precision of your system timer.
Function      Rate (MB/s)   RMS time     Min time     Max time
Copy:         113.7778       0.1557       0.1406       0.1719
Scale:        107.7895       0.1565       0.1484       0.1719
Add:          118.1538       0.2158       0.2031       0.2344
Triad:        118.1538       0.2213       0.2031       0.2344