Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:16:02 +0200
From:      "Marc Schneiders" <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: device detection (ed0)

Charles A. Peters <cpeters2@home.com> wrote:

| When I first installed FreeBSD 3.2-Release, I disabled ed0 in the visual
| configuration editor, but now I have made this machine a dual hommed
gateway
| (it works fine).  Whenever I need to restart the server, I have to
manually
| the disabled list of devices.
|
| Is there any way that I can eliminate this process, aside from starting
| over?

If nothing has changed between 3.1 and 3.2:
Edit /boot/kernel.conf.
Remove "di ed0" and add:

en ed0  # enable ed0
po ed0 0x300  # port, replace by your own
ir ed0 10 # irq, replace by your own
iom ed0 0xcc000 # memory address, replace by your own
f ed0 0  # no flags

You do not need to add the comment after # of course.

Success!

Marc

--
Marc Schneiders